Chicken and veggies 😍
* 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
* 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp cornstarch, divided
* 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
* Salt and white or black pepper
* 6 Tbsp low-sodium chicken broth or water, then more as needed
* 3 1/2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
* 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
* 1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar
* 1 Tbsp honey
* 1/2 tsp sesame oil
* 4 green onions, chopped, plus more for serving if desired
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 Tbsp finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
* 2 cups diced broccoli florets (small pieces)
* 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
* 3/4 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
* Sesame seeds, for serving (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, toss chicken with 1 Tbsp cornstarch to evenly coat. In a large skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
2. Once oil is hot, add half of the chicken, and cook stirring frequently, until chicken is is golden brown and has cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer chicken to a plate and add another 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil to skillet. Cook remaining chicken until golden brown and cooked through, then transfer to plate with first batch of chicken.
4. In a mixing bowl (or liquid measuring cup used to measure chicken broth), whisk together chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil and remaining 2 tsp cornstarch until well blended, set aside.
5. Heat remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp oil in skillet over medium heat. Add in green onions, garlic, ginger, broccoli and bell pepper and saute until veggies are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
6. Pour in hoisin sauce mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce boils and thickens (don't let it reduce it will be too salty, just cook long enough to thicken). Thin with 1 - 2 more tablespoons of broth or water if desired.
7. Remove from heat, add chicken, veggies and cashews to sauce and toss to evenly coat. Serve warm with white or brown rice, cauliflower "rice" or quinoa and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds
Credit @cookingclassy .
Hola! I’ve gotten a lot more followers that aren’t high school and college friends & realized that it’s always pretty cool for me to see who the artist behind art is so here I am! 😊 My name is ERIAL and I’m pretty new at this whole iPad art- thing. I’ve always had great handwriting and have had a passion for doodling and drawing so this is something I do as a form of therapy and self care. Thank you so much for following & feel free to follow my personal account too 💕