The first round of advent calendars are going up into the shop at 6pm tomorrow! A second round will go up in September, and I’ll be sending another Circular tomorrow with a few more details. Read on to learn about your options. 💌
You’ll have three calendar size options:
• 24 mini skeins + 1 full skein
• 12 mini skeins + 1 full skein
• 1 mini skein + 1 full skein 💌
You’ll have three bases to choose from:
• Fingering Weight Sock Yarn
• Single Ply Fingering Weight
• DK Untreated Merino 💌
And most exciting, these extras will be included in your package:
• A brand new shawl knitting pattern by @larissabrownauthor • A set of handmade stitch markers from @alovelyhomemadelife • A set of three notecards
• A special single-serve tea, of course
• Optional: a hand thrown, small batch notions holder from @lessismorestudios 💌
All 25 colors are brand new. You read that right. If you choose the 12 set, you’ll have a full spectrum of color, and if you choose the 1 mini + 1 full skein, you’ll be able to choose your color family. You’ll receive a beautiful package in late November, and you’ll want to open them all at once, believe me. And, just to say, if you do, I won’t tell. 💌
The shawl design and theme of this advent calendar is inspired by the beauty and nostalgia of handwritten notes. Sending and receiving a special note, the care that goes into each word. We’re inspired, too, by a favorite book of mine: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. If you’ve never read it, put it in your queue!
See you tomorrow. Xo, Rachel 💌
Image Descriptions: A set of worn, handwritten letters, tied up with twine. The first photo reads: Six and Seven Fiber 2019 Advent Calendars, Round 1 on sale Sunday August 25 6pm Mountain. Photos following are also time-worn handwritten letters, some with sweet flowers, some with a special pen. •
Items I’ve Been Reminded Can Be Used to Decorate Snail Mail After Participating in the #daisyupcyclechallenge :
1. Washi tape sent to me by other pen pals
2. Brown craft paper, acquired from an Amazon order, and previously used to wrap Christmas presents (one for my brother)
3. Paper doilies bought from a garage sale for $1
4. Scrapbook paper from a set I bought ages ago, but forgot about
5. An old book that I picked up at a garage sale for only $2
25 Aug, 0040 - I am still wide awake. Normally when I am this tired I could sleep right away but I can’t today. My brain and heart can’t help but replaying all the scenes since 5-6 years ago, started to picking up some ideas and vision about having a cozy, heart warming journaling shop. And it happen. The journey already begin.
It’s just, I mean, if you known me long enough you might remember last two years was super depressing for me (I had miscarriage follow by my elder sis passed away on sudden death due to child birth issue and leave her 3 months old behind when I just give birth not so long for my baby boy).. I have to take sleeping pills for months and seeking for professional help first time in my life.
At this moment, I am a bit scared. Will this year go smooth without any “crazy scary” stuff? Will I finally have a peaceful year?
It’s really the most overwhelming feeling I ever had. I even can’t describe my feeling in Mandarin. It’s, ya... Sorry, I really dunno how to say it...
If you reading this, I share my good and positive energy I have this year to you, your families and friends. We all deserve some blessing in our life. If I did have some this year, I want you all to have it too 🌻🌻
PS: I dunno what’s the point of this post. But, thank you for sticking around 🙆🏻♀️ #kirokuleipzig#teamkiroku